Take Steps Today to Protect Yourself From 身份盗窃 Tomorrow
Help prevent identity theft by learning more about identity theft prevention, and by enrolling in an identity theft protection service.
Watch our video to learn more about identity theft and how you can prevent it.
Review the following to help protect your personal information while using the internet
- Review credit card and bank statements to ensure your purchases are accurate
- If you are not certain of an email, contact the sender using a phone number or other contact information you are familiar with
- Be cautious of emails asking you to click on links and enter personal or financial information
- Always be cautious about attachments or downloading files from emails, regardless of who sent them
- If you are uncertain of an email you receive, enter the URL you normally use in your browser or a favorite page you may have saved
- Be sure you are using a secure site when making transactions; URLs for secure sites typically begin with “http” instead of “http”
- Use anti-virus software and keep it up to date
- It is recommended that commercial online banking customers perform a related risk assessment and controls evaluation periodically
You are allowed one free credit report every 12 months from each of the nationwide consumer credit reporting companies: Equifax, TransUnion和Experian. You may request this report via their website, phone or mail. See details on the 年度信用报告 website.
Find advice on how to avoid phishing scams, 如何举报网络钓鱼, and what to do if you have given out your personal financial information. See details on the 反钓鱼 website.
的 Federal Bureau of Investigations (美国联邦调查局) website 有关于电子诈骗的章节吗, 警告, 举报网络犯罪, 常见的方案, and other tips and suggestions.
Learn about deposit account insurance coverage on the 联邦存款保险公司网站.